Here are the steps Apple describes:
- Start up your Mac pressing Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R.
- Once you see the macOS Utilities screen choose the Reinstall macOS option.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select your startup disk and click Install.
- Your Mac will restart once the installation is complete.
De plus, Can I download macOS for free? Apple’s latest operating system MacOS Big Sur is now available for download as a free software update for all users, so long as your Mac is compatible.
How do I install an older version of an app? How to roll back to an older version of an app on Android
- Step 1: Uninstall the current version. To start, you’ll need to uninstall the app in question, and sometimes that’s more easily said than done. …
- Step 2: Install the version you want.
Or, How do I upgrade to Yosemite? Open System Preferences (you can click on the Apple logo in the menu to find it). Click on Software Update. Your computer will check for updates, and show that an update is available for your Mac. Click on Upgrade Now to download the installer for the new version of macOS.
Can’t download older OSX?
Apple appears to have completely removed the ability to download the installers of older versions of macOS and Mac OS X from the new version of the Mac operating system. Previously users could go to the Mac App Store, click on the Purchased tab and see a list of all the apps they had ever downloaded.
How do I get macOS Big Sur installer? Get the macOS Big Sur installer software
Big Sur is available through the Apple’s App Store. Click on the Get button on the upper right, and the Software Update system preference will open. Click the Download button. The download may take a while.
How do I reinstall macOS from USB? Reinstall macOS
Insert the USB drive and power up the machine. Hold the Option key as you do so, then release the Option key when a dark screen appears displaying your bootable volumes. Select the volume for your bootable USB drive, then click the up arrow or press Return. Your Mac will then reboot.
How do I install an older version of an iOS app? Download an older app version:
Go to the Purchased screen. For iPhone the Purchase screen is in the Updates tab. Select the app you want to download. If a compatible version of the app is available for your version of iOS simply confirm that you want to download it.
How do I install an older version of an app without updating it?
Download the APK file for the app from third-party sources like apkpure.com, apkmirror.com etc. These sites provide unpatched, safe to use APK files for the apps. You can download the file directly on your Android device using a browser or download it to your PC and then transfer it to your device.
How do I install an older version of an app iOS? Find the version of the App that works with your version of iOS and drag and drop it onto iTunes. iTunes will reload that version of the App into your library and move the file back into the Mobile Applications Directory. Delete the app from your phone, then just sync your phone and the old app should be loaded in.
Does Apple still support Yosemite?
Support Ending December 31, 2019
In keeping with Apple’s release cycle, macOS 10.10 Yosemite is no longer receiving security updates as of November of 2015. Our latest fully-supported operating system is macOS Mojave (10.14).
Is my Mac too old to update? If your Mac is too old to update to the latest version, it won’t prompt you to update. Unfortunately, there’s no way to force an update to Monterey if your Mac is incompatible. You don’t have enough space on your Mac. If you’re upgrading from macOS Sierra, you’ll need 26GB of space on your drive to run the update.
How do I update my old MacBook?
Update macOS on Mac
- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click Software Update. …
- Click Update Now or Upgrade Now:
Can I download an older version of an app on Mac?
There’s no option to download older versions of apps on the Mac App Store. Depending on the app in question, you might be able to find an older version of said app on the vendor’s web site or on downloads sites in general. Unfortunately, it’s a paid app and they don’t put downloads up on their site.
Where can I find old macOS installers? Go to Apple’s Download’s page
While many of these installers are even more deeply hidden, they’re still nestled in an obscure corner of Apple’s website: the Downloads page. You can find even older macOS versions on Apple’s well-hidden Downloads page.
Can you upgrade from Yosemite to Sierra? If you have macOS Sierra (the current macOS version), you can upgrade straight to High Sierra without doing any other software installations. If you are running Lion (version 10.7. 5), Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, or El Capitan, you can upgrade directly from one of those versions to Sierra.
How do I get macOS Big Sur on unsupported Mac?
How to install Big Sur on an unsupported Mac
- First you will need to obtain the installation files for the operating system. …
- Now you need to load these installation files onto a USB stick and prepare the USB stick for installing macOS Big Sur.
How can I make USB bootable? Bootable USB with Rufus
- Open the program with a double-click.
- Select your USB drive in “Device”
- Select “Create a bootable disk using” and the option “ISO Image”
- Right-click on the CD-ROM symbol and select the ISO file.
- Under “New volume label”, you can enter whatever name you like for your USB drive.
How do I make a bootable USB for Mac?
To create a bootable macOS Big Sur installer drive with Terminal, follow these steps:
- Download the installer.
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- Plug in a USB drive.
- Enter the command sudo /Applications/Install macOS Mojave. …
- Hit Enter and type in your password.
- Confirm the formatting of the USB drive.
How do I make a bootable Windows installer for Mac? Create macOS bootable USB installation media
- Download and install TransMac on Windows 10. …
- Connect the USB flash drive. …
- Right-click the TransMac app and select the Run as administrator option.
- Click the Run button. …
- Right-click the USB flash drive, select the Format Disk for Mac option from the left navigation pane.
Can you restore an app to a previous version?
Fortunately, there is a way to downgrade an app if you need to. From the Home screen, select “Settings” > “Apps“. Choose the app you wish to downgrade. Select “Uninstall” or “Uninstall updates“.
Can you go back to an old version of an app? Unfortunately, Google Play Store doesn’t offer any button to easily revert back to an older version of the app. It only allows developers to host a single version of their app, so only the most updated version can be found on the Google Play Store.
How do I install new apps on old Android?
Reinstall apps or turn apps back on
- On your Android phone or tablet, open Google Play Store .
- On the right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device. Manage.
- Select the apps you want to install or turn on. If you can’t find the app, at the top, tap Installed. Not installed.
- Tap Install or Enable.